Grant/ Membership and resource Mobilization Manager
Category: Resource Mobilization, Project Management, and Health Care
Location: EMwA Head Office, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per the organization’s salary scale
About the Organization:
Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) is a legally registered, autonomous, and not-for-profit professional association established in 1992 and re-registered under the new civil society proclamation. Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) operates in all regions of Ethiopia by using and works for the quality of midwifery education and care. EMwA has been a member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) since 1993.
The primary goal of EMwA is to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and child mortality and morbidity in Ethiopia, which are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) global initiatives. The vision of the association is to see every woman, newborn, and their family have access to standard midwifery care. The mission of the association is to promote and enhance the expansion, performance and status of midwifery profession through adapting quality and evidence-based practices; adhering to the code of ethics and conduct empowering the professionals.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director and additional instructions from the Executive Board, the Membership & Resource Mobilization Manager is responsible for managing and leading all Resource Mobilization matters and Members Affairs of the association. S/he plays a key role in providing over all leadership and operational oversight of programs, projects and members’ related activities for the effective and timely delivering of results to be achieved in line with the donors’ and the government’s rules, regulations and requirement. S/he coordinates the planning, organizing, leading and implementing the duties and responsibilities of the Resource Mobilization& Members Affairs Department. S/he is responsible to manage program operation and budget management of the program /projects and & Members Affairs at all levels and oversee the works of employees under his/her supervision.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes, leads and controls the resource mobilization activities& Members Affairs of the Association.
- Assesses opportunities for resource mobilization and responsible for identification and mapping of current and future projects and business development services.
- Seeks and secures financial and in-kind support from organizations and interested individuals for establishing revenue generating businesses and activities.
- Maintains excellent relationships with existing donors and other partners for the purpose of getting support for association’s program implementations.
- Writes relevant correspondence including letters, as appropriate and develops concept notes, proposals, business plans, correspondence and delivers presentations.
- Researches and identifies grant alternatives without violating the mission and values of EMwA and the guidelines of CH
- Analyzes key social development and sectorial policies currently being discussed and implemented in the country and key donors willing to support these policies.
- Drafts and revises agreements with donors and recommends the higher officials for its implementation.
- Identifies emerging sources of funding; assessment of their current usage and potential for the future.
- Synthesizes proposals and inputs to the development and implementation of a donor intelligence strategy, Resource Mobilization strategy and Client Relationship Management strategy.
- Inputs to an update of outreach/publicity material geared towards partners and donors who are interested in impact investing.
- Identifies opportunities for the association in its relationship with other child care and maternity health service organizations like Ministry of Health.
- Identifies and synthesizes the best practices and lessons learned directly linked to resource mobilization and partnership-building activities.
- Formulates membership management policy, procedures, strategic direction and implement same when approved by the Executive Board.
- Coordinates and schedules the national Membership Working Group meetings
- Maintains and improves membership processes including retention of existing members and revises additional membership levels (such as corporate, students, etc.)
- Maintains proper databases of members and designs efficient and effective communication strategies with members.
- Identifies, collects, analyzes and reports membership issues to the higher officials and follow-up its implementations.
- Designs strategies to increase the capacity of EMwA to manage membership information and support the Membership Services
- Designs strategies to increase the capacity of EMwA to make better use of national and international volunteer placements and retention.
- Conducts regular members and volunteers recruitment campaign using media (radio, website, tv, newspaper)
- Prepare periodic reports and budgets concerning the activities of the association and share for respective bodies for information and further action as required.
- Perform other duties assigned to him /her by the immediate supervisor.
Job Requirements (Must Criteria)
- Education: MSc in Midwifery, MSc/MPH/ with Midwifery background or BSC in Midwifery.
- Experience: 4/8 experience in I/NGO environment is advantageous. Extensive knowledge and experience in managing partnership and grants from UN agencies and government organizations like FMOH and regional health office is a benefit.
- Additional Training:
- Computer Training Certificate
- Project /Program Management training Certificate is an added value
- Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Proven experience of resource mobilization
- Managing diversity team
- Proven grant writing record
- Experience of professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated and highly organized, detail oriented
- Technical skills
- Knowledge of Program /Project Management, M&E, Budget Management
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of managing grants of multiple funding organizations
- Strong MS office and the ability to use new technologies
- Accuracy and preciseness
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
- Knowledge of MS Project software
- Being a Midwife or having Midwifery background
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through only this link (https://emwa.org.et/application-form/). Please attached your CV, a cover letter and one page summary of profile history in PDF indicating your full name. Applications should include contact details of three professional references.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees and other training certificates with your application, except the above listed. You will provide them upon request.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- All travel and related costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam and/or interview.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.