Category: Project Management, Health Care
Location: EMwA Head Office, Addis Ababa
Career Level: Senior Level (5+ years’ experience)
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: As per the organization’s salary scale
About the Organization:
Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) is a legally registered, autonomous, and not-for-profit professional association established in 1992 and re-registered under the new civil society proclamation. Ethiopian Midwives Association (EMwA) operates in all regions of Ethiopia by using and works for the quality of midwifery education and care. EMwA has been a member of the International Confederation of Midwives (ICM) since 1993.
The primary goal of EMwA is to contribute towards the reduction of maternal and child mortality and morbidity in Ethiopia, which are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) global initiatives. The vision of the association is to see every woman, newborn, and their family have access to standard midwifery care. The mission of the association is to promote and enhance the expansion, performance and status of midwifery profession through adapting quality and evidence-based practices; adhering to the code of ethics and conduct empowering the professionals.
The Project Coordinator reports to Deputy Executive Director and receives additional instruction from the Executive Director and, is responsible for coordinating Project activities and closely work with Bill & Melinda Gates foundation. The job incumbent conduct and coordinate different activities and high-level sensitization meetings on midwifery care practices and the impacts of EMwA’s interventions. S/he manages and guides the project staffs and chapters in implementing the day-to-day activities of Bill and Melinda Foundation Project. S/he also ensures that regular monitoring and evaluation of project progresses are conducted and findings of best practices are documented and feed in to the planning process.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish & create common understanding among implementing partners and ensure smooth implementation of the project.
- Coordinate and conduct high-level sensitization meeting to create awareness of project with MoE, MoH & Chapters and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Recruit regional EMwA branch focal representatives for data collection in consultation with MERL department.
- Organize and coordinate trainings for EMwA regional branch focal representatives in program management & data collection procedures.
- Establish formal communication strategies between project implementers (EMwA national and regional branch office staff, universities, Health Facilities, NGOs, etc.)
- Coordinate and ensure efficient and effective implementation of the project with due consideration of timelines in delivering results.
- Prepare project annual, bi-annual and quarterly plan and report in light of different demands (donors and government)
- Continuously organize activity reports inline to the project work plan, submit to program unit for review and submit to donors and respected government organizations with the knowledge of the Executive director, and ensure that activities in the plan are rightly contributing to the attainment of the project goal.
- Be responsible in ensuring appropriate tracking of project results towards complementing the achievement of the Associations’ goals.
- Support the project staff in prioritizing and implementation of activities
- Provide technical support and assure the quality of the surveys across the country.
- Conduct supportive supervision to the project implementation area and document the findings for improving results.
- Take part and be responsible for the entire programs, preparations of project proposals, monitoring tools, timely reports, and design and implement a system tracking all the necessary information and reports in the association
- Coordinate and collaborate with Organizations/ project teams and ensure timely communications and availing all project related data
- Ensure that all activities are accomplished maintaining its standard and quality results are delivered
- Coordinate timely request and release of budget to the respective implementing partners for timely implementation of the project from each partner
- Analyze critical and emerging issues in the course of project implementation and give the necessary and appropriate responses.
- Ensure budgets are properly utilized to the purpose jointly with finance team as well as the program Manager accordingly in a regular basis
- Make sure that the budget utilization are complying with donor, organizational other requirements and regulations
- Regularly track the budget performance with the finance team,
- Make sure that any budget request is prepared in detail and in line with the agreement and policy and also the plan in the project document
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation of project progresses are conducted and findings of best practices are documented and feed in to the planning process.
- Actively working to EMwA membership growth
- Do other activities as per the need of the organization and guidance from the supervisor.
Job Requirements (Must Criteria)
MSc in Midwifery, MPH with midwifery background,
- 4/6 yrs. experience out of which 2/3 years should be in supervisory position.
- Experience in managing/coordinating health programs in NGO and familiarity with the Ethiopian health sector transformation plan
- Proven experience in program management or coordination with FMOH & RHBs.
- Sufficient knowledge and experience of working in NGO section and MNCH area at National and /or international level.
- Having experience in Reproductive Health Programs.
- Additional Training:
- Computer Training Certificate
- Project /Program Management training Certificate is an added value
- Competencies/ Technical skills
- Excellent analytical skills and software’s (Stata, SPSS, Epi-info, open code )
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Good planning and prioritizing skills;
- Demonstrable professionalism and facilitation abilities;
- Competencies/ Personal attributes
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and foster trust and respect.
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented
- Flexible and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong team player
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Amharic
Desired Criteria (An Asset)
- Experience in I/NGO environment is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through only this link https://emwa.org.et/application-form/. Please attached your CV, a cover letter and one page summary of profile history in PDF indicating your full name. Applications should include contact details of three professional references.
Please DO NOT SUBMIT scanned copies of transcripts, academic degrees and other training certificates with your application, except the above listed. You will provide them upon request.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
- All travel and related costs should be covered by the applicant if invited for written exam and/or interview.
- Only short listed applicants will be contacted.